For over 40 years, we have pioneered a combined medical and dental practice that supports a diverse range of patients with complex needs beyond the scope of traditional dental care. We provide oral medications, inhalation agents, I.V. sedation, and general anesthesia for those with mild to severe anxiety, or those who cannot physically, medically, or cognitively tolerate dentistry.
During the pandemic, we refined and expanded our existing offerings to assist anyone in need of essential and emergency services through teledentistry. Yet as the world returns to normal, we also understand that people will continue to work remotely or resume their busy schedules. That’s why we’ve made virtual appointments a permanent offering.
Virtual dental care, also known as teledentistry, is no longer a niche service offering. According to surveys conducted by DentaVox, nearly 80% of U.S. households expect to rely on it over the next five years. In an increasingly digital society, it’s likely to become a new standard in all of dentistry.
Teledentistry is the remote delivery of dental care, consultation, follow-up care, and education through telecommunications. The idea is as old as the telephone itself. But with advances in video conferencing and online platforms, the systems have become incredibly robust. Video consults connect the patient’s laptop, tablet, or smartphone to a dentist who diagnoses the problem and accelerates treatment options, which may include electronic prescriptions. When follow-up care is required, next-day appointments can be booked.
Our Virtual Appointments are available during office hours: Monday – Friday 8:00AM – 5:00pm. Should you have a dental emergency outside of business hours, please contact 1-844-202-8250 and our team will be in contact with you.
- Enhancing the patient experience when physical visits aren’t possible through personal interaction with a dental provider by phone or video.
- Provides a rapid response for people experiencing urgent dental problems.
- Immediate online scheduling, expedited assessments and treatment recommendations, and faster access to a network of available dentists from the comfort of the patient’s home.
- Private, secure, and fully compliant with information protection regulations such as the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA).
- Video interactions may improve the quality of diagnosis because patients can better describe their conditions using body language, pointing to problem areas, or even showing what’s happening inside their mouths.
How It Works
- You can schedule a Virtual Appointment directly through our website using a simple form that requests your name, contact information, whether you’re a new or existing patient.
- You’ll receive an email confirmation with the date and time of your Virtual Appointment, followed by instructions for launching the video or voice session.
- After evaluating your condition, the dental provider will recommend treatment options, including referrals to a specialist (e.g., oral surgeon, endodontist, or periodontist), the dentist’s office, or a house call.
Designed by Dental Professionals
Unlike providers who are promoting off-the-shelf video systems like Zoom, Skype, FaceTime, or Facebook Messenger, we have partnered with CUSPID, a proprietary teledentistry platform that’s fully compliant with HIPAA and ADA requirements. CUSPID also integrates seamlessly with our backend patient systems to ensure privacy, security, accuracy, and ongoing maintenance of all patient records for superior care.
House calls have always been core to our primary service offerings. Our unique approach extends beyond the home, as some dental procedures involve complex treatments, special medical considerations, or safety requirements. Our team is on staff at several local hospitals where treatment can be provided while the patient is sedated.
Let Us Come to You
- Private residences
- Residential care and assisted living communities
- Patients in the hospital
- Hotels and embassies
Your Health is Our Priority
Our dentists and assistants are fully privileged at hospitals in the San Francisco Bay Area and New York. This multidisciplinary team of nationally recognized dental specialists, anesthesiologists, and medical doctors allow us to offer the range of care unrivaled in the industry, from palliative care to emergency procedures, oral surgery, complex treatments, and full-mouth restoration.
House calls are available for emergency dental situations to patients who complete the brief Virtual Appointment. This helps us diagnose the problem rapidly and determine the best course of action during the outbreak when safety is paramount.